Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > Is there a root for echo?

saridnour
Administrator

I tired getting access to ./system through adb. Could access and push to all but the "root" required folders. I was trying all the adb exploits that have been tried on other devices (Gigerbreak and what not) Not the tools/exe's but the actual adb commnads they were scripted from and was block at all tries :( Think as soon as a new exploit comes up for 2.3.4 we should be in business but until then I dont think we will get anywhere as the old exploits are patched... But PLEASE prove me wrong.. I want root!! :)

If we can find a way to go back to froyo, we can use its explot to get root. Do the upgrade and be semi rooted, then update Superuser and be rooted. Now thats IF we can find a way to go back as well. Other devices are in the same boat right now with a factory 2.3.4 image onboard. Most just have a recovery to another build..

-saridnour

October 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

wish i knew what i was doing with linux so i could play with the echo's kernel and make it rooted then port the new rom to the phone... ( i know easier said then done lol) or perhaps just make a patch and have the patch do the dirty work lol.

October 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jamin13

Miquiztli at October 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM

wish i knew what i was doing with linux so i could play with the echo's kernel and make it rooted then port the new rom to the phone... ( i know easier said then done lol) or perhaps just make a patch and have the patch do the dirty work lol.

I was thinking the same thing. If we could make a rooted kernel that could be flashed through fastboot, we might be in business.

October 6, 2011 at 3:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kralcrednaxela
Im really interested to see what becomes of this....the echo is my first android phone and I want to help
October 6, 2011 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kralcrednaxela
Im really interested to see what becomes of this....the echo is my first android phone and I want to help
October 6, 2011 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MyEchoPhone
I am a noob to the Android world, but, still have some knowledge about linux et all. If we can get some pointers on what needs to be done, i am willing to help in any way i can...
October 8, 2011 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jamin13

Anyone know how we would go about developing a rooted kernel? If you can, go ahead and download the 2.3 kernel source form their site.

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/support/developers.htm

If possible, we could be able to do it from building a rooted kernel and flashing it through fastboot.

October 9, 2011 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nefo

So, hows the unlocking going?
I tried to unlock mine using z4root, but it failed and lagged my  Echo avery time I used, also it crashes whe its aquaring the root shell, i tried with the phone and Airplane mode and the same...
any thoughts ?

--

Im not the best, but I promise to help you as long as I can =)
so ASK ! for God sake !! there's no stupid question

October 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

yankeegirl
so am I the only one with root on 2.3.4?
October 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

i doubt we really even need to go that far lol since we already have fastboot ( which means we are essentially s-off ) we can flash whatever we want. so if we just do a simple update.zip with what needs to be changed to obtain root then install superuser app we should be in business.  I think applying clockwork or some other recovery is just secondary in the grandscheme of things since it just makes flashing a new rom easier and more convienient.

October 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

not everyone with root updated to 2.3.4, and some people that did with root lost it.

@ Nefo: if you already have 2.3.4 and are not rooted there is no method to obtain root.  if however you are running 2.2.1 you can obtain root through several methods z4, and superoneclick and there is also several others that use the same exploits as z4 and superoneclick and are in fancier shells.  what has been happening for most people that have root in gingerbread is that it was obtained by useing z4 in 2.2.1 and then it got carried over for some reason ( left over files or what not in the right spot .)

October 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dav4lif3

yankeegirl at October 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Well? If you are? Then I'd be obliged to ask.. HOWD YOU DOZZ ITZ?!

I wasn't able to root with z4 or Superuser in the past few weeks. So? How'd you do it?

October 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nefo

yankeegirl at October 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM

yes I got the 2.3.4. did you root your phone before the upgrade ?

--

October 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nefo

so I should downgrade my phone to 2.2.1 and then root it, that's not hard I guess... if I only get the original rom lol
or should be enough with a hard reset?

--

October 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dav4lif3

Nefo at October 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM

so I should downgrade my phone to 2.2.1 and then root it, that's not hard I guess... if I only get the original rom lol

Question is..

How are we able to downgrade an unrooted device?

October 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

yankeegirl
Yes I rooted b4 upgrade
October 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nefo

Dav4lif3 at October 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Nefo at October 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Question is..

How are we able to downgrade an unrooted device?

Agreed, let me ask to google.... ahahha

--

October 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

we have fastboot so we can downgrade at any time once we create the new old rom lol. and there is no recovery image to hard reset back to.

October 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dav4lif3

Miquiztli at October 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM

we have fastboot so we can downgrade at any time once we create the new old rom lol. and there is no recovery image to hard reset back to.

Ok, so if i use fastboot to downgrade? N possibly mess up? No way to reset?!

October 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

use fastboot again to reflash new rom that is hopefully working right.

October 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

+1 Us :-)

Visitor Count

Like us on Facebook

Donate to Us (For the Project :-)

My donations email is [email protected] . thank you for your contribution :)