Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > Sticky: Saridnours "One Click" Rooting tool

saridnour
Administrator

Saridnours "One Click" Style Rooting tool

LINK: http://saridnour.homedns.org/temp/locked/Echo_RootMe.rar

If someoe wants to get his hosted on a faster server pleas do so. Send me the link and I'll update the post. 

Tool will do it all.. You just need to install the Kyocera Echo drivers from their site (links on the tool)

Let me know if you find issue or bugs. I did this pretty quick and hacked out most of it sitting at TacoTime for dinner last night. lol. The FC's drove me nuts until today and think this should be stable for everyone now. No FC's for me in some time. I did the online update as well without issues, but don't reccomend it just yet although the tool can revert you right back if need be.

Usage:

1- Extract files to your computer, open it, and click Rootme.

Thats about it. Follow the steps and you should be golden. And yes.. These will be the driods you were looking for! ;)

Ive been the only tester, so who knows what will really happen in the wild.. Shoould work, Ive done it about 30 times today hard restting in between. If it fails to root the first time, follow the prompts to re-run it and it should go.

This setup looks to do away with most of the FC's weve been seeing but your milage may vary.  I actualy had root a bit back.. but the FC's made me think I didn't, oh well,  live and learn.

EDIT FROM THE SITE OWNER:

I dont make this a habit, but I feel that enough people have asked me this for me to say something. If you use your phone to tether internet, tethering must be OFFF!!! If you would like to view the instructions while your internet is off, then use the "print screen" button on your keyboard and paste it in paint on your pc, OR just leave the page up in your internet browser as you disconnect.

Hope this helps,

SgtRecon :-) [Sorry Saridnour]

--
- saridnour
(saridnours' CWM based recovery for the Echo, one click echo root)
CWM recovery is HERE!!. Please if you find the recovery or one click of use, please say THANK YOU by hitting the donate button!! 
October 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

reserved

October 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ickilla
Great man for those who couldn't figure how to root with zergrush I am already rooted and had no force closes
--

IcKilla the one you fear is the one you will not see thats why they call me IC

October 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ickilla
Now we need work on a recovery :)
--

October 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sgt Recon
Site Owner

I will host this on my mediafire account when I get a chance dude :-)

October 13, 2011 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

Figured it was ok on my home server at first, but when word gets out it may be an issue. It should root more than the echo actualy other than the mount commnads for the file sytems. (yes I do R/O the system after writing).  Also we need it tested before it goes Viral.. lol

Hopefully when I, we, someone gets a clockwork recovery for this thing it will be in there too.  Back to that project tonight (Or sleep.. lol Need that too.. )  :)

-saridnour

October 13, 2011 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dre89

Great work saridnour. You really are somethin else man 8)

--

If you don't ask then I don't answer.

October 13, 2011 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sgt Recon
Site Owner

lol rest well man you have done enough, there is no need to rush into the recovery (calm down the OCD lol) I tested it and it worked great for me on the first try. I am pretty ameature when it comes to developing things like recoveries, but I could take a shot at flashing the one you have already built, and someone on the forums (i forgot which post) said that if you use the EVO 4G recovery's key mappings, it shoud work great simply because it has those "hard/software" front keys like the echo. and if you remove that last button, it should be fully functional! but like I said, no rush, and thank you for your help, also, you have been promo-ed to a site administrator!!! :-)))

October 13, 2011 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ickilla
Congrats man wished I would have got some credit for finding root but its all good
--

October 13, 2011 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kohu

You've all made amazing progress in even this short week I've been here. I'm not too familiar with android's workings, but hope to learn a bit more and contribute here in the future. You went above and beyond creating a very friendly application to root this phone. and here I was about to it the manual way ;) A very unexpected surprise! Take a well deserved rest my friend.

October 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe1

This is awesome! no FC's. Followed everything, and now I finally have root. Thanks!!!

October 13, 2011 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

Thanks ickilla.. you did post it here first. !! :D  

Did you help build the exploit or did you just post it here first?? I had heard about it from a number of source about the same time so can't say where I first got going on it from but you did first post here that you had it working..  SO again, THANK YOU!!

-saridnour

October 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jayare313
Ickilla thanx. Followed your zegrush methid and all is perfect. No fc's so far. Now to get recovery so we can bhild some roms!
October 13, 2011 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sgt Recon
Site Owner
Hey just wondering, woulf anyone be interested in a sense 3.0, miui and Cyanogenmod7 roms for this phone?
October 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ickilla
That's like asking a fat person if they want food or a cop if he wants a dounut
--

October 14, 2011 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ickilla
Np jayare313 at least u thanked me lol
--

October 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nefo

I got permission denied, when typing SU =(

--

Im not the best, but I promise to help you as long as I can =)
so ASK ! for God sake !! there's no stupid question

October 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nefo

Problem solved, my super user app needed an update and also my SDcard was "unplugged", but now it works !!
:lol: your my hero !!!

--

Im not the best, but I promise to help you as long as I can =)
so ASK ! for God sake !! there's no stupid question

October 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jayare313
Id love to try different roms but first this recovery issue. Ive tried everyway I know to flash still no dice.
October 14, 2011 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

killeruss

you are the man

October 14, 2011 at 7:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

+1 Us :-)

Visitor Count

Like us on Facebook

Donate to Us (For the Project :-)

My donations email is [email protected] . thank you for your contribution :)