Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > Sticky: Saridnours "One Click" Rooting tool

Miquiztli

go back to where you go the sy11 drivers and grab the Sy11-adb drivers. and make sure your phone is set to developer debug mode.

October 16, 2011 at 7:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kyoecho1
OK I've got the state 11 adb file n installed, n ran rootme n still nothing. Yes phone has USB debugging on. Error reads adb is not recoginzed as internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
October 16, 2011 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

aquafyber

Didnt work the first time but we got it now. thanx so much and cant wait to have the custom roms so guyz lets get this recovery goin !!!! I've got all the faith in the world in the devs here cause xda devs dont really care about the echo users i can tell u that much.!!!   :lol:

October 16, 2011 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kyoecho1
Rooting. Cp: can't create '/system/bin/Busybox ' : File exists Unable to chmod /system/bin/busybox: operation not permitted. Cp: cant create '/system/app/Superuser.apk ':Permission denied Cp: cant create '/system/bin/su': File exists Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: Operation not permitted mount: Operation not permitted. Does anyone understand this? Ive got both busybox n superuser downloaded onto the phone n installed but the phone isnt rooted. I had busy box installed for z4root when on froyo, then superuser updated n i lost root. Can anyone help?
October 16, 2011 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

download root checker then go into superuser and tell it to allow everything than run rootcheck.  if your phone is like mine  if superuser is set to prompt it will mostly auto decline so it will make it look like your not rooted.  

October 16, 2011 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kyoecho1
I did root checker after every attempt n nothing. I took all footmen programs from their folder n put onto the USB portion of the phone and ran root me, then it ran code n rooted the phone n I confirmed it with root checker, n all runs fine. Though it says my Su binary needs to be updated. Im hesitante about this, cause i dont want to risk losing root again, like last time
October 16, 2011 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RyanRyan

Hey so I just got an Echo because my girlfriend has one and I've grown quite accustomed to the two screens. Everything seemed to be going great, but alas...error message. I've kinda fiddled with things myself but to no resolve. Any assistance would be great. Glad to join the community!

Error Message:

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 2.3.6.1 - Added clear log to menu in log tab, More languages, Bugfixes is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor /bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/ bin/su: -rwsr-xr-x root   root          26336 2011-10-16 18:06 su

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/ xbin/su:

/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

Alternate su binary location: /sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate su type binary location: /system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

SU binary not found or not operating properly.

Thanks for anything at this point... I am still new to this phone but I have completed all advised troubleshooting provided in this blog. 

Have a great night and I will definitely be making a donation if we get this working!

October 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RyanRyan

I'm pretty sure i've fixed the issue at thing point. just to be certain...how do i know when the device is "rooted" completely...

October 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RyanRyan

actually now im getting the same error message as before... still not working i think...

October 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

The one click should remove the files and reset them all to whats in the archive. Are you running the script end to end on a win7 pc?

After I get feedback on the clockwork recovery's I am sending out in a few weeks we could have you rooted through a restore with this tool. (or get on the beta).

-saridnour

October 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RyanRyan

ok so my phone has been rooted....however i can't actually benefit from the root for a few weeks?

October 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

There are a TON of beni to being rooted.. I'd take rooted over recovery anyday :) Just to get the crapware off the phone is reason enough. lol

As soon as testing is done the recovery will be out. I just need a few more pieces and verification that its all working. I just did a recovery for the forst time a few min ago.. it will take some time to verify let alone update for the softkeys.

-saridnour

October 17, 2011 at 2:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kyoecho1
As I'm sure u can tell I've had trouble with rooting from my previous post. I found what works well for me was install the drivers all of them on to my desktop, then I took root me folder n copied all the programs onto the USB of the phone without the folder n ran root me, and to my surprise code was running n rooted the phone. I confirmed this with root checker. Perhaps it may work for others as well.
October 17, 2011 at 3:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jasonkc35

Awesome!  Worked like a charm for me.  So glad to have titanium backup back!!!  Thanks!

October 17, 2011 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

where do i get the drivers for my phone or will my computer automatically install them when i plug my phone into my computer?

--

tHe LiTtLe GrEeN aNdRoId JuMpEd OvEr ThE lAzY aPpLe

October 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/support/developers.htm is where you get the drivers.

Edit:

click on the phone drivers tab and it will bring up the right window for downloading

October 17, 2011 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cweed1021
does any one know if anybody is working on any roms for the echo?
October 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MyEchoPhone
@weed1021: Patience my friend... I believe we just got the recovery... http://heartheecho.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/6483519-wanted-1person-w-froyo-1-w-dead-ech-bootloader-access-?page=last
October 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

thanx

--

October 17, 2011 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

also another quick question the adb i need where do i get that what is it called and also is there a step by step guide on how to do this i just dont want to take any risks on messing my phone up its my life line hahaha thanks in advance

--

October 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

+1 Us :-)

Visitor Count

Like us on Facebook

Donate to Us (For the Project :-)

My donations email is [email protected] . thank you for your contribution :)