Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > Sticky: Saridnours "One Click" Rooting tool

Dre89

You can get the SDK here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

But this comes with adb so all you have to do is follow the instructions and you'll be fine

--

If you don't ask then I don't answer.

October 17, 2011 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

Dre89 at October 17, 2011 at 7:54 PM

You can get the SDK here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

But this comes with adb so all you have to do is follow the instructions and you'll be fine

where are the instructions? hahah im not sure where they are
--

tHe LiTtLe GrEeN aNdRoId JuMpEd OvEr ThE lAzY aPpLe

October 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

nevermind i guess i just plug my phone in and follow those instructions i guess huh?

--

October 17, 2011 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

what do i do if i plug my phone into my computer but my computer doesnt install the device properly i installed the sy11 fine but my computer isnt recognizing my phone being plugged in?

--

October 17, 2011 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kyoecho1
Sy 11 and also sy adb drivers should both be installed. Adb drivers recognize ur device when plugged in. I copied all the programs from the rootme folder onto my echos usb. Then try in either charging mode or mass storage n run the rootme file. If all goes well ur phone will reset n ull have root, which u can confirm with root checker in the market. Hope it helps
October 17, 2011 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

alright nevermind the question above i figured it out and now after about 3 mins i have a rooted 2.3.4 yaaaaayyyy thank you thank you thank you this is awsome

--

October 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

how do i fix the su binary update problem? it keeps saying its outdated

--

October 17, 2011 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yagwit

saridnour at October 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM

reserved

adb error....something went wrong...you can try again...I downloaded all drivers.

October 18, 2011 at 12:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kyoecho1
Binary update. I don't do it for superuser and I find it unstable. Says it indoors according to superuser,Update fixer. Yagwit, try running rootme inside the phones usb with all the rootme folder files in the phones usb. Should select either charging or mass storage mode n run rootme. Ull see code run n when finished phone should reboot.
October 18, 2011 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yagwit

I'm running Rootme from the phone by using a file explorer? I apologize. I just rooted an Epic. I didn't run into the adb not rec.. :-) Thank you for answering, btw.

October 18, 2011 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yagwit

failed to find currently installed su on binary

October 18, 2011 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

Should be run from the desktop not the phone.

Make sure the phone has debugging turned on so ti can be seen by ADB.

If you extract the archive to your desktop, opena cmd window in that folder and connect your phone you should be able to type ADB devices and see it returned. If debuggin on the phone is on and you are not seen, i would look at your drivers again. Device manager should show an adb connection.

-saridnour

October 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kyoecho1
Drivers installed onto the desktop. I however was able to root my echo with the rootme folder on my phones mass storage space n ran rootme n did indeed root my phone. When i ran rootme on desktop it said a error message, even though i had my phone in debug mode n such. Was i wrong to root from the phone n not the desktop?
October 18, 2011 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yagwit

Fell like I'm hitting a wall. I'm not sure about opening the command in that folder. I opened CMD then cd for the rootme folder...adb shell answers Permission denied. I'm going to shutdown the pc.  Gives me a crazy number when I type adb devices...then the word devices again. :)) Device Manager says ADB interface is up to date.  Maybe it's not meant for me. I have GB 2.3.4

October 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

ADB is reporting that it sees your deivce if you see crazy numbers thats a guid.  If you type "adb reboot bootloader" it should reboot you to the bootloader (kyocera screen + yellow led)

Now try typing "adb reboot"  and see if it reboots to the os again. This will verify you are talking to your phone in both modes.

If both checks work, then reboot your phone, reboot your pc and again Cd back to the folder in a cmd windows and type Rootme.bat again and see if it works for you this time.

Rebootig usually fixes 905 of all computer issues.. but you never know :)

-saridnour

October 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Guided
Great work guys nice to see root obtained. If your having issues porting cwm try asking for help over at sdx devs. They are pretty active and willing to help. Try irc #samsung-intercept
October 18, 2011 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yagwit

the adb reboot bootloader loaded me to the Kyocera screen with orange led (check). I typed adb reboot no devices found. Continuing to tinker.

October 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

Try plugging your phone into another usb port. give it a count of 10  and try adb devices again. Sometimes they dont pop up right away and sometimes ports can by flakey. Id recomend trying a port right off the back panel of your comuter if its a desktop.

it would be odd to have adb in the os and not in the bootloader unless there was something wrong with yourphone as we verified the drivers are talkign correclty. Its possible tha tdrivers not loading when in bootloader. Could also look in device manager and see if anything is banged out. "!"  delete and reboot. ?? guessing here.

-saridnour

October 18, 2011 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

amoamare

Yagwit at October 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM

the adb reboot bootloader loaded me to the Kyocera screen with orange led (check). I typed adb reboot no devices found. Continuing to tinker.

After you type'd adb reboot bootloader, this places you in the bootloader. From there ADB console does not communicate with the phone it would then be fastboot.

From there you can type fastboot devices and you will get a response.

If you are able to do adb devices while booted to the os, try adb shell see if it drops you to a $ or # or if it gives you a error like error: phone offline.

October 18, 2011 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

amoamare is correct.. sorry for that. I am bouncing back and forth between so many screens right now.  Had the new recovery in mind.. it allows for both and what I was playing with at the time.  This should all be done in adb through the os. 

Yagwit: if you are able to talk to to the phone in adb in the os, you should be able to run the script.  :) sorry for the derailment.. been doing support for the recovery beta all day.. should have caught that.. my bad ..

-saridnour

-saridnour

October 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

+1 Us :-)

Visitor Count

Like us on Facebook

Donate to Us (For the Project :-)

My donations email is [email protected] . thank you for your contribution :)