Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > Sticky: Saridnours "One Click" Rooting tool

kshell123

need a actual one click apk

October 19, 2011 at 8:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RockmanX75

Why? This was more than easy, worked first time for me.

October 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kyoecho1
One click apk would make it a lot easier for those who dont know how to set these things up, should they use if they dont know how it works or affects their device? Probably not. However i knew nothing about rooting n installed z4root as my 1st attempt n it was decent until i updated SU n unrooted the phone by accident. Then i saw the One Click Root Me n i followed directions, but was still not working properly so i did a way to make it work,as u can read in my previous post n now my root is perfect. Apk one touch is just simple
October 19, 2011 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wetstars
I have been checking back like every hour of every day for a root apk lol. Only because I have no pc at this time. Fingers still crossed!!
October 19, 2011 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kshell123

RockmanX75 at October 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Why? This was more than easy, worked first time for me.

i need to know how to do it on mac :(

October 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

myka
Do I have to do this in a computer? I do not have internet and I want to teather my pgobe but ut needs to be rooted and that one click doesn't work gives me the fail notice version. 2.3.4 helpp!!!!!!
October 20, 2011 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dameclies

If you still need it, I can host the files on my server. Let me know.

October 20, 2011 at 8:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dav4lif3

Yes!! Joy! Thanks ^.^ I'd like to see your Rooted Kyocera Pics on a post ok? Lets get this site heard :)

--

October 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cweed1021

does anyone have to link to blakkfire developers? the one on the home page does not work

October 21, 2011 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kralcrednaxela
An apk for rooting would be wonderful...Im having trouble considering the computer I am using has slow internet and is, well, not mine...
October 21, 2011 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

Right now you can only get root from the ADB command line on a remote computer, so you can not have an apk do this until another exploit is found. Sorry.. That being said, as soon as the CWM Recovery is done one will be able to update from their SD card with a rooted rom. We have done this already in the beta.  :)

--
- saridnour
(saridnours' CWM based recovery for the Echo, one click echo root)
CWM recovery is HERE!!. Please if you find the recovery or one click of use, please say THANK YOU by hitting the donate button!! 
October 21, 2011 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Broom (Emrys Eustace)

Running 2.3.4, and I tried this method. Got the hash-mark prompt, signifying that I have root access... But when I reboot, everything looks exactly the same. I still can't delete the Sprint bloatware.

Maybe I'm missing something. I'm familiar with UNIX-based systems. Is the point that I can now access the file system as root, and THEN delete crap? Or did I do something wrong, and I'm not really rooted?

October 24, 2011 at 10:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MyEchoPhone
@Broom (Emrys E: If you have the "#" prompt, you have the root. How are you trying to delete the bloatware? Can you share mode details?
October 24, 2011 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Broom (Emrys Eustace)

OK, disregard my previous post. I just found this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaXu8kusvA
from here:
www.droid-life.com/2010/10/14/superoneclick-should-root-most-devices-no-sdk-required/

... and I DO have the Superuser "app" in my Settings. Off to read more...

October 24, 2011 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kshell123

the root murdered my echo....

October 24, 2011 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Guided
Joeykrim released a root check app also try the titanium backup app for bloat removal. How did root murder you echo?
October 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sgt Recon
Site Owner

myka at October 20, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Do I have to do this in a computer? I do not have internet and I want to teather my pgobe but ut needs to be rooted and that one click doesn't work gives me the fail notice version. 2.3.4 helpp!!!!!!

you cant have tethering on while trying to use adb. So download it, turn off tethering, root and turn it back on...

October 24, 2011 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hmnunez

ok im at Echo Easy Root Script and im stuck at "waiting for device to be connected" waht does that mean? help please.

October 25, 2011 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

it could mean several things. 1 you didnt install the phones adb drivers from http://www.echobykyocera.com/developers/sdk-tools/

2. you didnt put your phone into debug mode ( menu->settings->applications->development then check the usb debugging

3. you didnt do either of the above.

October 25, 2011 at 2:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

@kshell 123 there is nothing in it that can kill your phone, you did that on your own by more than likely messing with area's that you shouldn't have.

October 25, 2011 at 2:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

+1 Us :-)

Visitor Count

Like us on Facebook

Donate to Us (For the Project :-)

My donations email is [email protected] . thank you for your contribution :)