Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > Sticky: Saridnours "One Click" Rooting tool

dgafmisfit

I cannot get the drivers to recognize my phone and i installed the drivers i have no idea what to do i had my phone rooted but it got broken and i just got a new one and i cant remember how i got it rooted but i do remember it was easy but this time its being difficult can someone plz help im out of ideas!!!!!

--

tHe LiTtLe GrEeN aNdRoId JuMpEd OvEr ThE lAzY aPpLe

January 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

dgafmisfit at January 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I cannot get the drivers to recognize my phone and i installed the drivers i have no idea what to do i had my phone rooted but it got broken and i just got a new one and i cant remember how i got it rooted but i do remember it was easy but this time its being difficult can someone plz help im out of ideas!!!!!

i get an error when i try connecting my phone saying "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"........Has anyone else gotten this error and how do i fix it..I have tried installing the drivers numerous times...?!?!?!?!?!?

--

tHe LiTtLe GrEeN aNdRoId JuMpEd OvEr ThE lAzY aPpLe

January 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PepperMint
Looking to root 2.3.4 is it possible?
January 13, 2012 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

@peppermint yes its possible with sardinours 1 click.

@dgafmistfit you may have a bad usb cable (or usbport), try using a different cable or try using it on a different usb port all together ( ie if the port is on the front of the case try one of the back ones vice versa ) you could also try to reset the whole usb driver ( not just the phone drivers )  ( here is microsofts forum on fixing code 43 errors with usb it doesnt cover everything but it might help and give you more things to try http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/code-43-windows-has-stopped-this-device-because-it/f1ee80e0-9786-4287-89d6-a93187aec718?page=1 )

January 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mike636
if getting no root after entering SU, it needs to be in lower case, at least for me on win7
January 18, 2012 at 3:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mike636
"su" , sorry wouldn't let me edit
January 18, 2012 at 3:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

it really depends on when you enter the su command in adb, if the phone is in the proccess of rebooting it will autofail not sure if su has to be lowercase or not since i never bothered to test that.

another way  to test if you have superuser ability is to download es file manager or explorer something like that ... go to its config and check the run as root if it prompts you with superuser message you have root.

January 18, 2012 at 5:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

perplexy
Trying to download the one-click tool but the download stops just as soon as it starts...why is that?
January 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

really good internet connection...

Really bad internet connection

Problems with your computer.

any of those could cause it. its not a huge file only 1.1mbs

January 20, 2012 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ultra1

my phone keep turing off when doing the root..a screen saver app loced my echo.. and it has super root user..but the lock and no sprint stops me from rerooting.. to get seclective start ups ..have all drivers did a orange light but it just hung.. can get it to boot keeps sayn no signal, i just paid the bill in full yesterday..anyhelp would be great..

--

MASTER TECH101

January 28, 2012 at 6:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rjthe_best

how do i get recovery on my phone please answer as soo as possible?

February 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

yankeegirl

its as easy as reading the first page!! install the drivers download the file for root on the first page extract the zip go to that folder click on root me thats it it will guide thru the process

--

yankeegirl themes found here http://thelifemaster.com/Main/HTE

chrystal :} donations welcome!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=AJWY9Y4VYYTCE

February 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

simonbarsinistr

worked perfectly and easy as can be as soon as you have sdk installed, adb set up, all the drivers installed.  the prep is way harder than the actual operation. Now my friends echo is rooted and has a recovery. Time to clean off some bloat and hope for a nice rom, maybe some kernel tweaks.

March 1, 2012 at 3:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

konglang_616

Root the Kyocera KSP8000(echo) ChinaTelecom version fail

May 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Broom (Emrys Eustace)

Dammit! I've rooted the Echo twice before; once with exactly the same configuration (2.006SP). The latter attempt wasn't easy, but after it worked I preserved everything in a zip file...

And a coupla weeks later, a Sprint "upgrade" bricked my phone. Bastards charged me $35 "because it was probably from the software I was downloading" (which Sprint pushed onto my phone - I saw it stall out mid-upgrade with an error message!). The replacement, with the same version as above, isn't rooting with anything I've tried.

For the record, I've installe, in order:

• sy11_setup.msi
  • sy11_ndis_setup_x86.msi
  • sy11_adb_setup_x64.msi
  • ADB installersy11_adb_setup_x64.msi (probably redundant)

Rebooted my computer,

and set my Echo to:

Settings/Unknown Sources CHECKED Settings/Development/USB Debugging CHECKED. I've tried, with multiple reboots of both computer and Echo,

• EchoRoot.exe (Echo set to USB storage, per instructions) and
  • RootMe.bat from Kyocera_Echo_Gingerbread_Root\Echo_RootMe (Echo set to Charging Only, per instructions)

The EchoRoot.exe program stalls as soon as it outputs the message "This can take a few minutes" (I waited overnight), about 30% through the progress bar.

The RootMe.bat program consistently produces the error messages, after cleanup and "Rooting...":

cp: can't create '/system/bin/busybox': Permission denied

Unable to chmod /system/bin/busybox': No such file or directory

(etc)

After the phone reboots, the "su" command fails (regardless of capitallization, BTW - nice forethought by the programmer!):

su: permission denied

Sigh.

I'm SO frustrated! What is going wrong, that didn't go wrong before???

May 10, 2012 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Broom (Emrys Eustace)

Aaargh. Found (some of) my problems here, in a thread discussing recovery from the pox called "2.006SP update".

Plus, the appropriate drivers aren't installed in C:\Program Files\Kyocera\KYOCERA USB Modem SY11\, for some reason.

May 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bigpinar

cant seem to get passed this part

After pressing ENTER you you should see a "$" below this message.

Type SU +enter at this prompt. Check your devices Screen and

answer yes to a SuperUser promt if you see it. If the Prompt"$"

changes to a "#", then you have Root. Type Exit to exit root shell"#"

and/or exit to exit the standard shell"$".

ress any key to continue . . .

SU

U

U: permission denied

"su"

su"

u: permission denied

su

u

superuser

uperuser

uperuser: permission denied

su

u

May 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matt

Same Here " Bigpinar"  gos fine but when i type in SU  i get nothing....

and i have read the entir post i don't think iam doing something wrong

May 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

FallenAngel
Where is the download for the one click rooting tool?
May 19, 2012 at 3:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jfunk86

i use to have root access before the firmware update after the update non of my root apps worked anymore.  everything from the tutorial went smooth until the type SU part i checked up on some of the posting for help updated my superuser still no access help please help =[

May 21, 2012 at 3:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

+1 Us :-)

Visitor Count

Like us on Facebook

Donate to Us (For the Project :-)

My donations email is [email protected] . thank you for your contribution :)