Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > WANTED 1person w/FROYO & 1 w/dead ech (bootloader access)

saridnour
Administrator

I need someone running FROYO

And someone with a dead echo (but can still access the bootloader [vol up + pwr button, light turns yellow on black screeen])

Need help with something. It requires a hard rest or trusting me to remove your personal data from a backup and a restore for the dead ech person. I have a modifed CWM that I can have you run without flashing and get me a froyo backup (dead ech will be flashing to recover their device). This is a test CWM so you would be the first other than me to run it. So you would be the first!! But there is always risk in doing something new.. more so if we flash your recovery.. but thats your call. I just want to see if I can install and revert froyo to ging and that the CWM is working. SO far looks good. 2 testers only at this point. Email me and be available to do this tonight or tomarrow AM. My email can be accessed by hitting the donate button (you do not have to donate, it just shows my email in the next screen vs putting it here for bots).

--
- saridnour
(saridnours' CWM based recovery for the Echo, one click echo root)
CWM recovery is HERE!!. Please if you find the recovery or one click of use, please say THANK YOU by hitting the donate button!! 
October 16, 2011 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

Moving forward, I will get this out to others as I correct the home and return button info to get them working. Donaters will get the first round of Recovery for testing to show my gratitude for their support. So if you are not one of the two above and want to get in on the testing , hit that button. Note: I will not be charging for this it will be free to all, its just a thank you to those who did donate and will get it early while in test. :)

--
- saridnour
(saridnours' CWM based recovery for the Echo, one click echo root)
CWM recovery is HERE!!. Please if you find the recovery or one click of use, please say THANK YOU by hitting the donate button!! 
October 16, 2011 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gniagno

Hi saridnour ! My Echo is dead after OTA to ging. If you need help i'm here.

October 16, 2011 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

gniagno, I will follow up with you in an email. Just making sure you can get into bootloader mode? (pwr+ vol up = keyocera black screen + yellow led? This is neede to get access to fast boot. Do you have windows pc and or the Android sdk loaded? Just need to know if I need to send you the adb and fastboot tools as well. If you can get to bootoader, I think we can fix you at this point..

-saridnour

October 16, 2011 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gniagno

Yes i can get into bootloader. Access to fastboot is the only thing i can do since i' ve bricked. CANNOT ADB. The device is not found. If i can install and boot recovery then i need an update.zip to restore right. A way to find or create it ?

--

Gniagno

October 16, 2011 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

good news your not bricked if you can get into either recovery or fastboot :D now if you couldnt that would be a brick.

October 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

Gniagno - I sent you an email with the link. I created a batch to do the work. Fast boot will let you add the files. Once recovery kicks in (mine) you will have adb and fastboot (full adb shell as well). I think the script should do it all but wasnt able to test it so may have to do a few cmds but we will see. Report back what you find. :)

-Everyone: im still looking for a Froyo person?? i want to be able to make a revert to froyo package as well from this users data.

-saridnour

October 16, 2011 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gniagno

Hi saridnour.Sorry but i cannot download from the link you posted to me. It said page not found. Can you help me ?

Gniagno.

--

Gniagno

October 17, 2011 at 4:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

the end of the link should say xxeditedxxx.rar not xxeditedxx.rar 

October 17, 2011 at 5:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gniagno

You' re Right ! I' ve downloaded it ! I" ll test as soon  as possible and report back. Thanks.

--

Gniagno

October 17, 2011 at 5:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

your welcome. and a heads up incase you get stuck ... you might need the sdk installed, and you will need to find some bootloader drivers for when your in the bootloader area of your phone ... on win7 Sardinour didnt have any issues, but on windows vista i had to force them in and i have yet to successfully get the bootloader driver into xp.

October 17, 2011 at 5:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gniagno

Nothing !!! It hasn' t rebooted and still on kyocera screen. Fastboot recognize the device but nothig happened. I'm so sad.

--

Gniagno

October 17, 2011 at 6:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

ok not sure where you started off or anything but ...here is another method.... put your phone into the bootloader ( pwr vol up ) go into whatever folder you ran the original script in and use cmd ( command prompt to get to that same directory ) once there type in

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

( im assuming it didnt install clockwork the first time ) if you do have clockwork recovery now we will need to think of the next path to go to try to recover your phone ( if we can )

October 17, 2011 at 6:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gniagno

I' ve done as you said. I think i've an expensive stone to put under the wheels of my car. Wont reboot. Same story. Kyocera screen. In case there is a combination to boot in CWR ? The trush is waiting my Echo !!!

--

Gniagno

October 17, 2011 at 6:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

dont trash it just yet :D

October 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

Gniagno, just got your emails an am folowing up.. Miquiz thanks for helping BUT Gniagno is one of two people that are testing a real recovery with a bad echo and need a whole different download than what you had (and why it failed). His echo is dead other than bootloader and needs different steps and a custom rom image. Gniagno, another user had a similar problem and was able to get it working again so keep the faith :). Not sure why you were not able to download though so am looking at it.   I am following up via email.

Everyone: DO NOT POST LINKS OR NAMES to my beta software in the forum. I do not want this out until its done as you could probably understand. :) its easy to guess at the url's so I removed the names above. The files are encrypted and password protected, but i do not need the hit on my personal server with everyone trying to downlod it :) Use email or private messages to send that sort of communication.   :)

-saridnour

October 17, 2011 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gniagno

Dear saridnour thank you a lot for the help you' re giving to me. I know that you' ve more interesting and important things to do, but the friend of mine who lives in NY (the one bought the echo) came in  Italy today !!! Can you quickly send to me the link to the right files so i can retray NOW ! My friend leaves Italy tomorrow and i would like to give him my Kyocera as he can restore it to a Sprint service. Sorry to hurry you: any way YOU' RE GREAT !!! 

--

Gniagno

October 17, 2011 at 2:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gniagno

SARIDNOUR Y O U A R E T H E MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I' VE RESTORED MY DEAD ECHO. FOR ME YOU' RE THE NUMBER ONE. GREAT JOB. THANKS A LOOOOOOT !!!!!

--

Gniagno

October 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

grats on the restored echo :D

October 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

logix2200

can you PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE send me the links to Gniagno's fix my echo is exactly the same only bootloader works and i accidently erased my splash partition

October 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

+1 Us :-)

Visitor Count

Like us on Facebook

Donate to Us (For the Project :-)

My donations email is [email protected] . thank you for your contribution :)