Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > Sticky: Echo CWM Recovery (Updated 12/20 to v2.0)

saridnour
Administrator

CWM Recovery Image for the M9300 Echo!  (updated 12/20/2011 to v2.0).

The new recovery is posted on the new website, please vist t at: http://nexgenandroidforums.freeforums.org/post14.html#p14

The v1.3 Recovery archive can be found here on Na’ven site:

http://thelifemaster.com/Main/HTE Look for and download the SAR_Recovery.rar file.

A secondary site, can be found here (thanks DRE89) currently v1.0: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33006421/SAR-Recovery.rar

Changelog:

v2.0 (unreleased):

- Partial port of Rogue's Recovery menu format (different grouping of menu items and lists)

- new kernel and USB mount fix from v1.3

- Themed

- departure from CM7 CWM recovery so would not be ROM manager supported IF the Echo is added in the future.

.- TBD

v1.3 (11/28/11): 

- corrected the usb mount in CWM so that you can mount the device as a usb drive to copy files in CWM.

- Updated to new kernel

- Removed workarounds for a bug in the CM7 code base now that it is fixed.

v1.1 & 1.2: Test releases only

v1.0 (10/31/11):

- public release.

To install:

-Follow the directions given in the script (IE: Install the drivers from Kyocera for the Echo, Install the driver that is launched from the script (it's not part of the standard echo drivers)

- Make sure it is booted to the os and that debug is turned on: (phone settings -> applications -> development -> USB debugging)

- Extract the archive to a folder (IE : the Desktop of your computer)

- Run the script “SAR_Recovery.bat” (From within the folder noted above ON YOUR PC)

- Follow the prompts given, read what it is asking/telling you and take that action (very short and simple)

- Exit from the script and you should be done with the upgrade.

- Install from the marketplace “Quick Boot” (free) to allow you to boot into recovery as there are no hardware keys known at this time. You can also use ADB if you can’t access the OS, just send this command: ADB reboot recovery.

- Backup your device, Find a rom and have FUN!'

If you can't boot the OS prior to install:

If you can only see the Kyocera bootloader screen and not boot the OS you need to do this another way. Its still easy and you will just need to follows the steps above up to running the script and install the included driver (or from withint the folder you extracted, install the driver) and then connect your device in bootloader mode (Kyocera screen with yellow light on) and from the pc, ope a command prompt, change to the directory that you extraced the files and type this command " Fastboot devices" it should return ??? meaning it can see your device. IF NOT YOU DO NOT HAVE the drivers loaded, are not in bootloader mode, or your usb is not connected [Bad canle/port/etc]). Once it can see your device type "Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and it will install CWM. You will then need to run "fastboot boot recovery.img" to boot into recovery. From there you can install your new rom from HTE.

Note: The whole process takes less than 5 min. If it hangs, has an issue or you are unsure what it did. Give it another couple minutes, pull the plug, reboot and try again. You can not hurt your phone running this as if the install fails or currupts the recovery image, you only need to reboot to the os and the bootloader to correct the issue and this is what this script does to begin with :)

Don’t forget to donate if you find this of use!

Enjoy

--
- saridnour
(saridnours' CWM based recovery for the Echo, one click echo root)
CWM recovery is HERE!!. Please if you find the recovery or one click of use, please say THANK YOU by hitting the donate button!! 
October 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

xBL3NDxMEx

thankss((:

--

Its Ncredible

October 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jamin13

Thanks saridnour.
You have taken one of the biggest step in keeping the Echo alive. :D

October 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

echoNoOb
Limited Member

plz HELP THE LIFEMASTER.COM SITE THERS NO ZIPFILE THER THE SECOND SITE IS DEAD PLZ HELP WHATS GOIN ON??

November 1, 2011 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dre89

I fixed the second link, should work now

--

If you don't ask then I don't answer.

November 1, 2011 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kikiodead

do I run the bat on the computer and it finds the phone itself? being a total tired noob right now sorry :/

November 1, 2011 at 12:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

xBL3NDxMEx
I got it yay!, but rom manager keeps saying "need to install"?
--

Its Ncredible

November 1, 2011 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kikiodead

So Im stuck at the kyocera screen. any tips? are my drivers not installed right maybe?

November 1, 2011 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

echoNoOb
Limited Member

IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN GET A SUPERNOOB TUTORIAL?

November 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kikiodead

Dude agreed. I get to where it at the kyocera screen with the amber light but it just keep saying waiting for device. And im scared to battery pull :/ It's a work phone btw xP

November 1, 2011 at 12:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

in the recovery folder there is a file labeled m6000 setup, run that ( it is the drivers you will need to get the adb to recognize our echo while its in bootloader mode ( the kyocera screen with orange led light on )

November 1, 2011 at 1:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

echoNoOb
Limited Member

YOU COULD PULL OUT BAT I DID ALREADY DO WE ECSTRACT TO ROOT OF SD ? COMMONPUTER?

November 1, 2011 at 1:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kikiodead

I got to that point. But now the .bat file says it's just waiting for my device and its already at the kyocera screen with the amber light. so what now. How long have you waited. because mine has been on this for 15-20 minutes.

November 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

tutorial on how to use the SAR-Recovery.bat...

extract all files to desktop

double click SAR_recovery

read the prompts....

when it asks you to install the drivers type yes or hit enter to continue and let it install the drivers.

follow the rest of the prompts, only hit enter to continue once you have read the message.

November 1, 2011 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kikiodead

:/ I'm just asking for tips o how long the process should take. Because I believe my process is frozen.

November 1, 2011 at 1:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

saridnour
Administrator

Thanks.. I will update the first post with more detail. Sorry been a rat race to get this out with a million other things going on tonight. I just said id post it tonihgt and did my best to make it happen. Again Big thanks to all.. 

-saridnour

November 1, 2011 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

echoNoOb
Limited Member

HUGE THANXS TO SARIDNOUR! I DID IT THANXS RELAX AND GO GET LAID !!!

November 1, 2011 at 1:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jasonkc35

Awesome work.  Recovery installed without a problem.  Running a backup right now.  Thanks!

November 1, 2011 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ugie

great saridnour,

but, how can i do this if i just stuck on kyocera logo...please give some noob tutorial

November 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kikiodead

It means the kyocera phone drivers arent installed right. I was having the same problem on xp now im on my vista laptop and it worked fine this morning. uninstall and reinstal your drivers.

November 1, 2011 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

+1 Us :-)

Visitor Count

Like us on Facebook

Donate to Us (For the Project :-)

My donations email is [email protected] . thank you for your contribution :)