Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > Sticky: Gingerbread Nandroid Backup

chris

This nandroid backup was created using Gingerbread stock rom. I don't have the stock rom but i got this by performing nandroid backup using SAR-recovery on  an Echo that have been successfully updated to Gingerbread.

Many thanks to Saridnour for his SAR-recovery. I wouldn't have done this without his clockworkmod recovery.

This GB nandroid backup is for those who got stuck on logo Kyocera when trying update OTA, custom rom or stock rom.

Here is the link: http://db.tt/DDRleiHL

Instructions:

1. Unzip the file to your sdcard root folder
  2. Get into SAR-recovery
  3. Perform routine wipe (wipe cache, dalvik, etc)
  4. On SAR-recovery menu, choose "backup and restore"
  5. Select restore and choose the file
  6. Just wait until it finish restoring and then reboot
  7. Done....

Thanks all.

November 6, 2011 at 3:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

zhoushunxi

thanks 

November 6, 2011 at 7:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ad960037

thanks 

November 6, 2011 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ugie

my echoo come alive again...thks chriss

November 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Na'ven Enigma

Awesome!  Thank you.  I'm glad I don't have to deal with the fake releases Sprint was still sending out claiming they were GB.  They kept sending the one out that would brick tons of customers' phones so they would go pay the Sprint stores $35 a pop to fix it.  I was unaware of their scam they were running where they exploited the fact that the Echo didn't have a recovery mode (until now) and the fact that I didn't have insurance.  I still got Sprint to give me back my money before though.  I'm glad to see someone actually has a legit copy.  They probably only sent legit ones to people with insurance on their phones.

--

Here's the link to my server where you can get all the HTE ROMs and mods released by HTE.  http://thelifemaster.com/Main/HTE ; (Official ROM repository)

November 8, 2011 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

xBL3NDxMEx

thanks dude

--

Its Ncredible

November 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chris

Na'ven Enigma at November 8, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Awesome!  Thank you.  I'm glad I don't have to deal with the fake releases Sprint was still sending out claiming they were GB.  They kept sending the one out that would brick tons of customers' phones so they would go pay the Sprint stores $35 a pop to fix it.  I was unaware of their scam they were running where they exploited the fact that the Echo didn't have a recovery mode (until now) and the fact that I didn't have insurance.  I still got Sprint to give me back my money before though.  I'm glad to see someone actually has a legit copy.  They probably only sent legit ones to people with insurance on their phones.

Hi Na'ven, cool name :-).....

Would Sprint do such thing? I mean it is a big company right? (honestly I don't know about the providers there in US, i live in Indonesia).

Compare to the exploit 35usd, I think the scam issue would hammered back at Sprint pretty hard if they true.

November 9, 2011 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cweed1021
I got the legit update from sprint and I didn't have insurance
November 9, 2011 at 6:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sgt Recon
Site Owner

I had insurance and got the legit update (but got stupid with root and didnt fix was playing in the dragon's den before the Recovery image was released!) But companies do it all the time! Im not surprised at all TBH!

November 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miquiztli

my first echo got bricked by froyo update, and i have insurance ( knowing the statistics of your phone dieing in the first year is kinda scarry, that and my phones love to learn to fly or think they are submarines... )

November 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wwjoshdew

Does anyone have any idea why text messages can't be sent or recieved? I spent over 30 minutes with Sprint and tecnnical support, but this phone will not send or receive text messages, but calls and data work fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWdiVM115Qc&hd=1

--

November 14, 2011 at 8:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BigWillyg

so will this do a completely stock restore of GB? meaning unrooted?

November 20, 2011 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel

I follow the instructions to the letter but what I get is Couldn't open Directory. No Files found. Any ideas why it does this? I'm new on this flashing rom things. Many thanks.

November 25, 2011 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel

Daniel at November 25, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I follow the instructions to the letter but what I get is Couldn't open Directory. No Files found. Any ideas why it does this? I'm new on this flashing rom things. Many thanks.

I;ve managed to update the echo into 2.3.4 but now it behaves strangely in the sense that the signal bars is turned on and off automatically. When I'm in Wireless & Network, I can see that the airplane mode is toggled on and off by something,

Any ideas what causing this to happen? Thanks...

November 25, 2011 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

thugangel

after i downloaded the backup.i try to extract it,but it says 'system.yaffs2.img the file is corrupt

December 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

thugangel

and now after i succesfully extracting the backup files, md5 mismatch -__-

December 9, 2011 at 5:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chris

BigWillyg at November 20, 2011 at 10:45 PM

so will this do a completely stock restore of GB? meaning unrooted?

it's already rooted

December 12, 2011 at 2:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nissar Ahmed

thanks...

January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Son

After successfully updating this way, my service keep switching from sprint to no service. does anyone has this same problem?

February 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OMGadroid

yea my service is doing that too

it seems to be a NV fail

February 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

+1 Us :-)

Visitor Count

Like us on Facebook

Donate to Us (For the Project :-)

My donations email is [email protected] . thank you for your contribution :)