Forums

Forum Home > Echo Development > Carrier IQ instructions for the Echo

abe

Hi,

I am not a developer but I do know a lot about technology. The following is how i removed carrier IQ from my echo. I do not take any responsibility for your phone. I downloaded logging test app and pro key from market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.treve.loggingkey. I ran CIQ check then told it to remove CIQ. Once I rebooted I got a fc of Device Health application which is the name of CIQ on our phones. I froze that app  using Titanium Backup (I want to test a while before doing a complete uninstall) and rebooted. I now do not have carrier IQ nor do I get any FC issues. It may be my imagination but I think my phone may run faster now also.

December 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scarm10

I just bit the bullet, and completely removed it via root explorer. so far, no fc's, and like you i think its running faster, no more integrated app problems when texting

December 4, 2011 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yen

not sure if my echo is running faster, but glad i removed the CIQ either way. thanks for the idea/guide. i didnt delete the ciq files but i renamed them all using root explorer, and then backed up the device health app and uninstalled it

January 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dgafmisfit

what ciq app did you use..would any detector work to find it then just use the logging app to remove it?

--

tHe LiTtLe GrEeN aNdRoId JuMpEd OvEr ThE lAzY aPpLe

January 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Superuser
Administrator
You guys know even if CIQ is on ANY Sprint phone it doesn't do anything. Sprint doesn't use CIQ at all.
--

Co-Founder & Site Admin.

February 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Superuser
Administrator
You guys know even if CIQ is on ANY Sprint phone it doesn't do anything. Sprint doesn't use CIQ at all.
--

Co-Founder & Site Admin.

February 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.